“We believe in the philosophical mission established by Satoshi Nakamoto. By creating a secure layer that is accessible to the average person, we put the power in the hands of the people – where it belongs.”
What is Bitquence?
Bitquence is a people-powered cryptocurrency services company that is creating a Universal Wallet that lets you instantly diversify value across multiple crypto assets. Furthermore, Bitquence is issuing a token that has unique proof-of-stake community consensus features for risk and quality profiles and will form the backbone of the digital liquidity network, a global payments system that links fiat and crypto assets.
How will this help people get into cryptocurrencies?
Bitquence offers a single place for users to buy and interact with cryptocurrencies simply and easily. Bitquence simplifies using cryptocurrencies without losing the financial power and freedom that they offer. They are trying to make it as simple as possible.
What is proof of stake community consensus?
Bitquence is building a method of staking BQX tokens against risk and quality profiles helping newer users navigate the market. Furthermore, a portion of the fees from the Bitquence platform will be used to reward users making accurate predictions in community consensus.
How is Bitquence different from Iconomi and ShapeShift Prism?
Iconomi is a pioneer, and is focusing on helping institutional money manage digital asset arrays. Shapeshift’s new Prism service is trying to make a market in asset allocation, eg there needs to be an opposite prism for a buyer and seller to make a match.
The Bitquence team also has deep mobile expertise, and is working hard on making Bitquence is mobile friendly.
Our goal at Bitquence is low fees, liquidity and transparency. Our one-click diversification feature will not require a buyer or seller, but rather be part of a managed user portfolio. This is part of a larger vision to create a universal digital liquidity network based on the Bitquence token which makes the crypto market far more accessible to new users.
When will the platform be released?
Bitquence will roll out features of the platform as they are ready. First step is to roll out proof of stake and work towards building a regulatory and consumer protection model that will allow the release of subsequent features such as the universal wallet and one-click diversification.
Described as being a “multi-year project and vision” by its founders, Bitquence aims to go market by the end of 2017 with the Bitquence wallet, Cold storage, Proof of Stake and portfolio diversification. Next year plans are slated to initiate the liquidity network, value transfer and fiat gateway.
- Shingo Lavine
- Shingo is a young computer scientist and cryptocurrency visionary.
- Founder of Jobs University, an online business training school with 20,000 students.
- Cybersecurity contractor with security clearance at the Livermore National Labs.
- Studying computer science at Brown University.
- Dennis Chen
- Dennis is a seasoned big data architect and engineering team lead.
- Dennis has built over 100 consumer products that have generated over $1B in retail revenue.
- Dennis is an expert in mobile micropayments, and has authored 5 patents in field of mobile technology.
- He has led engineering teams Specular, MetalCreations and FunMobility.
- Maurice Herlihy
- Maurice has an A.B. in Mathematics from Harvard University and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from M.I.T.
- He has won numerous awards including the Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing, the Gödel Prize in theoretical computer science and a Fulbright Distinguished Chair.
- He has taught computer science at Carnegie Mellon University and Brown University.
- He is and expert in distributed computing, Ethereum smart contracts and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO).
- Lincoln Lydick
- He has won the IBM Leader Award for innovation working with Chiquita Bananas, and a Silver MMA Smarties award for his work on Universal’s “Minions” movie.
- Adam Lavine
- Adam has deep experience in multi-channel mobile services, building products that have reached over 60 million unique consumer interactions.
- Adam has extensive M&A experience, having sold Specular to a $700M public company and running their R&D operations, and acquiring the mobile media assets of Infospace, a $1B publicly traded company.
- Adam was Chairman of the MMA’s Mobile Standards Communitee, defining industry standards for the multi billion dollar mobile compliance segment.
- Ken Nowak
- Ken is a polished technology executive with extensive experience in logistics, finance, audit and operations.
- He is the CEO and former COO of FunMobility, and the former General Manager for Infospace’s $100M mobile division, and was instrumental in selling Infospace’s media assets.
- He has worked with global Fortune 100 clients in his role as an Executive for Arthur Andersson. Adam was Chairman of the MMA’s Mobile Standards Committee, defining industry standards for he multi billion dollar mobile compliance segment.
- Aiko Nomura
- Aiko is a legal and financial whiz who knows how to keep i’s dotted and t’s crossed in finance, legal and compliance.
- Aiko is a Japanese native with extensive international business development and corporate structure experience.
- Aiko is a member of the American Association of Individual Investors, and is experienced in administering investment services as part of her responsibility as a corporate HR and legal administration.
- Freya Stevens
- Freya is a marketing and public relations professional specializing in cryptocurrency, tokens and digital assets.
- She holds a master in Media and Communications and has worked extensively with the Bitcoin and Blockchain industry and community.
- She is the creator of the Bitcoin UK Podcast which gives a voice to the cryptocurrency industry in the United Kingdom and is active in co-organizing the Cambridge Bitcoin Meetup and the Cambridge University Cryptocurrency Society.
- She is the Marketing Director at TokenMarket, a Bitquence partner.
- White Paper