OmiseGO (OMG) is a token-based digital currency backed by the Plasma decentralized exchange and a digital wallet provided by Omise.
The technology behind OmiseGO revolves around providing super-fast payments and linking e-wallets for different types of fiat and digital currencies.
It’s designed to facilitate payments for goods and services on the web to and to enable the cross-border transfer of assets. Backed up by the Ethereum Foundation, the project’s extremely successful ICO held in June sold out before it had even gone live to the public.
OMG has been one of the year’s best performers and currently trades at around $7.00 after launching with an ICO price of just $0.24. Most OMG observers have been waiting for a suitable entry point and now is as good a time as any. Prior to the downturn experienced by altcoins because of Bitcoin forks, OMG was generally trading at around $8.00. Since that time, the price has dropped to $6, but has recently bounced back above $7. However, OmiseGO is a popular project with both Western and Asian investors and the OMG token has recorded returns of over 2000% since its ICO as well as recording an all-time high price of over $12. Many feel that OMG provides great value at its current market cap of around $640M so look for significant positive price action in the months to come.
Kucoin is an up and coming exchange based in Hong Kong. Kucoin are ambitious outfit and in addition to incorporating an aggressive promotions campaign, the exchange also plans to provide early access to some of the most promising coins in Asia as well as allowing for the trade of more established coins.
The exchange also operates its own currency known as Kucoin Shares (KCS) and the KCS token operates as a standard ERC 20 token based on Ethereum blockchain. The value of the KCS token will increase in line with an increase in its number of holders and traders. This provides extra value as holding KCS allows the platform’s users to access benefits including a 30% trading fee discount as well as an award incentive bonus, which equals to 50% of the total trading fees charged by the platform, which is distributed back to users who hold KCS in their accounts.
The exchange has experienced around $4M of total trading activity with its KCS token attracting the majority of traders. The recent listing of coins such as the Red Pulse RPX token has helped increase the exchange’s user base. With further keenly anticipated tokens set to be listed, Kucoin is an exchange that will only grow in importance and we can expect the price of KCS tokens to match the rise of the exchange.
Binance Coin (BNB) is a token released by the Binance exchange, which came into life as a result of a recently held ICO.
Binance is run by an ambitious team and in a short space of time has become the 11th biggest exchange according to trade volume. Its BNB coin enables customers to enjoy reduced fees when trading cryptocurrencies that are paired against BNB and traders can receive discounts on exchanges, withdrawals and listing fees.
For its first year, there is a 50% discount rate on trading fees, dropping to 25% in the second year and halving again in each of the subsequent two years. In addition to offering discounts on fees, Binance also engages its community via polls, promotions, and special giveaways, which continue to attract new users.
As BNB is linked to the Binance exchange, its value increases with increased usage on the platform and Binance looks set to continue its rise up the ranking. BNB currently trades just under $1.6 and holds a market cap of around $160M, earlier this year it reaches its all-time high price of $2.92.
Eidoo is an innovative mobile app to leverage the full potential of digital currencies in one easy to use environment.
eidoo HD Wallet
- Ethereum, Bitcoin and all the ERC20 tokens are stored with a single backup passphrase.
- No full node required thanks to light architecture.
- Private keys managed by the user and encrypted on the device.
- High Security Level thanks to Eidoo’s Recovery Tool.
eidoo Hybrid Exchange
- As safe as a decentralized exchange, as fast as a centralized one.
- The exchange manager does not have any access to the user accounts.
- The user enjoys a trading experience with some of the most competitive fees on the market.
- Cross-trading amongst ETH and different ERC20 assets with a technologically consistent atomic outcome.
eidoo Debit Card
The first step to exploit all the potential of the Eidoo fintech services is the KYC verification.
Know your customer (KYC) is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients to avoid anti-money laundering and illegal activities.
KYC processes are also employed by worldwide companies to ensure their proposed agents, consultants, or distributors are anti-bribery compliant. Financial institutions are increasingly demanding that customers provide detailed anti-corruption due diligence information.
After this process, if you follow the steps required to provide all the needed info, you will have the possibility to receive your new Eidoo-branded debit card to convert US dollar, Euro, CHF, and cryptocurrencies too; this all works within the same mobile (and later desktop) application.
After receiving all the needed authorizations, you will be able to leverage all the fiat currency-related services including the Eidoo Debit Card and a personal IBAN, so to use Eidoo as your bank.
This Eidoo Debit Card will be available in the second quarter of 2018, as you can read in our official roadmap here.
Eidoo aims at obtaining all the authorizations needed in Switzerland (FINMA) but also in the whole Europe and America to offer this service worldwide.
Eidoo also plans to open several branches in London and Singapore in the next few years, in addition to the one already existing in Chiasso, Switzerland.
More specific details about the Eidoo-branded debit card can be found on the Technology Whitepaper here.
eidoo ICO Engine
Eidoo will integrate an ICO Engine within the mobile wallet app.
This means that users will be able to participate and join an ICO by directly using their smartphone or tablet.
ICO Engine is an automatic system to participate in Initial Coin Offerings based on the Ethereum Blockchain, and it works through the creation of a smart contract previously authorized by the user.
This way, ICOs will be managed directly from the wallet.
Eidoo is a blockchain-to-human interface simplifying the interaction between the blockchain and its users.
The purpose of Eidoo is not only to accomplish things that others do not, but to do it in a different way, through a safer and simpler method, maintaining a special focus on the user experience and enabling the complexity of the crypto world to be more understandable.
We want to make only one application, extremely easy to use, and bring the crypto world to the end user; a bridge towards worlds that at this time, as a user experience, are not so close to one another.
The challenge of this project is also to give a common home to technologies whose communities (e.g. Bitcoin and Ethereum) have trouble cooperating due to different visions, creating a tool that manages different technologies through a unique user experience.
Eidoo is the integrator that brings together technologies and services that today already exist, additional ones only imaginable at this moment, and others that we cannot even conceive.
The same vision of an easy to use, secure wallet for blockchain-based smart assets, will embody:
- a fast, easy to use, disruptive, flexible, feature rich, turn-key Ethereum implementation, based on ERC20 standard and EVM contracts, with an embedded token system to fund the development.
- a secure, scalable, long-term oriented, privacy-compliant Bitcoin implementation, based on the new asset protocol RGB and off-chain trusted computing, with a traditional non-profit open source funding approach.
Facing an ever dynamic world, both in technology and application user-friendliness, no good solutions that exist can last forever. Through a methodological approach Eidoo will continue to improve both technology and user experience.
- Aug 2017
- Wallet (Ethereum)
- Sept 2017
- Technology White Paper
- Ethereum Funding Informative Prospect
- Eidoo Token sale
- End 2017
- Exchange 1/2
- Q1 2018
- Wallet (Bitcoin)
- DAPP module
- Q2 2018
- Eidoo Debit Card
- Q3 2018
- Exchange 2/2
- Eidoo National Identity Integration
- External Services
- Wallet (more blockchains)
What is COSS
COSS stands for Crypto-One-Stop-Solution and represents a platform, which encompasses all features of a digital economical system based on cryptocurrency. The COSS system consists of a payment gateway / POS, an exchange, a merchant list, market cap rankings, a marketplace, an e-wallet, various coin facilities and a mobile platform. The COSS platform unifies all transactional aspects that are usually managed by means of FIAT money, and offers multiple cryptocurrency-related services in one place. The list of potential features of the platform can be infinitely extended, and will continue growing as the platform evolves.
With COSS, usability issues, related to virtual currencies are resolved in an innovative way. The platform gathers the most popular cryptocurrency services and products into one portal allowing users to gain control over their finances, to manage transactions, to integrate merchants’ payments, to deposit funds and so much more.
COSS has an international team spread across the world with the managing board based in Singapore, and branches in New York and Bucharest (development team). Apart from having the core team members residing in the above-mentioned locations, we take a great advantage of being decentralized and inclusive at the same time by having team members spread across the world and contributing to COSS remotely.
The main goal of COSS is to bring cryptocurrencies to the masses. What COSS aims to cater to its users is a complete experience of accessing the available cryptocurrency services and products in the same place. From the very first moment a customer decides to use cryptocurrency he/she will be guided through the platform and its features. Protected from any unwanted negative experience, the user will continuously find the new possibilities to use the platform and to interact on it. By means of this integrative approach to virtual currency services, the platform aims to become the most preferred medium, familiarizing the COSS customers with the cryptocurrencies and the ways of using them. For this purpose, the COSS platform is equipped with its own token, a wallet, an exchange, a merchant platform, payment gateway / POS and a list of features that are closely related to the use of crypto.
The COSS team is visionary in the way it approaches the development of the Crypto-One-Stop-Solution. On the track to massive cryptocurrency adoption we do not allow the limiting belief systems to interfere with the development of the COSS platform. We accept the changes that the rapidly-evolving technologies bring, and welcome innovation on any and every level. We plan our success with determination and implement it into our strategy that implies the following steps:
- providing for all the cryptocurrency users’ needs via one-stop-solution services
- rewarding users for bringing new merchants and affiliates on board
- establishing a marketplace, where cryptocurrency users and merchants can meet each other seamlessly
- issuing tokens with real value
- expanding the network of customers by providing the high-quality services
- enhancing the security of the system
- adopting the disruptive innovations
COSS is a 100% self-funded project that did not rely on any external investments prior to and upon its launch. The new and very expansive curve of its development implies launching a token native to the platform that will provide investment opportunities to people who share the COSS vision and believe in the project’s potential. The name of the token is COSS.
The COSS token is a revenue-generating cryptocurrency, that enables owners to receive revenues in the form of transaction fees charged by the COSS system for cryptocurrency transactions.
The revenues are transferred to the COSS token holders’ wallets on a weekly basis. The interest is generated by the transaction fee when transactions in Bitcoin, Ether, and other cryptocurrencies supported by COSS are carried out on the exchange and/or through the POS/Payment Gateway.
The platform generates revenue from three sources:
- The cryptocurrency withdrawal fees generate the revenue for the platform, however most of the fees are used by the network to process the withdrawal.
- Throughout this process no direct revenue is generated, which means that no amount of the withdrawal fee is shared with the DAO token owners.
Exchange transaction fee:
- COSS utilizes the maker-taker transaction fee scheme, that generates a pure revenue for the platform. The fee is charged from both members of the traded pair.
- The fees begin with 0.2% of the taker and maker’s fee, and end at 0.04% derived from transactions;
- 50% of this revenue is shared with the DAO token owners.
- The merchant selling goods by means of the payment gateway or the POS creates the revenue for the platform.
- The COSS merchant platform operates on a 0.75% fee derived from each transaction;
- The fee is generated in the cryptocurrency that is used for that respective transaction. The fee is generated in both cryptocurrencies traded within a pair. In the case of a FIAT pair, only the fees paid in cryptocurrencies will be distributed to the token holders.
- 50% of this revenue is shared with the DAO token owners.
Blockchain Apps – End-user view
The main reason why cryptocurrencies keep gaining traction is because the use of FIAT currencies imposes limitations on users, such as inability to provide identity protection and the safety of the transaction process.
The problem of credit card payments is that it is an extremely cumbersome process that requires not only a customer and a merchant, but also banks, acquirers, payment processors and a group of organizations operating the network, to participate. This brings up a number of middlemen in discussion, and also increases the transaction costs.
Although the payment technologies are constantly evolving, and the concern about the peer-to-peer (P2P) payments is increasing, in this highly competitive environment, all the players are now working hard to maintain their position in the market, and to disrupt the status quo. This is done to eliminate the complicated and inefficient set of separate processes that are at the core of every payment system.
The payment ecosystem is limited to being a counterpart of a broader commercial landscape, in which fraud management and data privacy are carried out integrally within the IT security framework. This framework spans towards the Internet, mobile devices, social networks and cloud services. As a result, the payment-processing organizations have to manage the risks associated with the online payments in FIAT currency via a complex and slow mechanism. On top of that, many Fintech applications have vulnerabilities when it comes to fraud, theft and chargeback prevention, carrying out cross-border transactions, providing data security, multi-currency payments and on-the-go payments.
According to IBM Commerce ‘Pay It Forward’ e-book there are three major challenges that the payment processing sector faces at the moment:
Satisfying customers’ needs for payment options and localization; Meeting security, privacy requirements and regulations; Reducing complexity across the payment ecosystem.
Project Goals (from Pillar website):
Build the world’s best cryptowallet.
We will build the personal data locker, starting with the world’s best, open-source cryptowallet. We will then add browsers, exchanges, data, devices, services, calendars, and much more.
Replace accounts with atomic ownership.
We all have dozens of accounts. With accounts, you log in and all your valuable data is trapped. Using atomic ownership, each person owns and controls his/her own assets.
Replace apps with services.
Apps on our phones are miniature desktop apps. We believe the personal data locker will replace iOS and Android to become the operating system for all your devices.
It seems that Pillar Project’s goal is to become that dashboard for cryptocurrency users, everywhere. It’s safer for normal user to consolidate all crypto related access through one centralized point and this is what Pillar is all about. You don’t have to waste time for managing all your digital assets in different wallets or exchanges. One dashboard for all digital currencies!
Pillar Project is aiming way further than just being wallet. They are adding integrated exchange service, mobile design. Their big goal is to replace Android and iOS as the predominant sell phone OS (I don’t believe that this will happen in any time soon)…
TenX has figured out how to solve one of the biggest problems for people that are involved in cryptocurrency — actually spending the currency
The TenX wallet and the TenX card have been tested by well-known figures in the industry with payments in 50 countries across the world. The TenX iOS wallet and WebApp will be available to the public by the end of July.
TenX supports blockchain assets across multiple blockchains. TenX currently supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum ERC20 Tokens (DGX, REP, TRUST,ANT, etc.), Dash – many more are coming.
I have invested in to TenX and I think it’s great project. I cant wait to get my TenX iOS app and card!
THE PILLAR WALLET is the next-generation, open-source wallet that will become the dashboard for your digital life.
More info: https://pillarproject.io/
These are most used Crypto-asset trading platforms
- Coinbase is the world’s most popular way to buy and sell bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Create a digital currency wallet where you can securely store digital currency. Connect your bank account, debit card, or credit card so that you can exchange digital currency into and out of your local currency. Buy some Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin to begin using the future of money.
- Poloniex is a pure crypto to crypto exchange based in the United States. With a grand redesign in early 2015 the site has added a wealth of features to provide a fully immersive trading experience. Technical analysis charts and live chat mean it is easy to stay abreast of news flow and analyse price trends before taking a position.
- Bittrex is one of the larger crypto to crypto exchanges offering a large number of trading pairs into bitcoin. The exchange does have a very high turnover crypto currencies – leading some to accuse it of allowing pump and dump schemes that erode confidence in the crypto currency ecosystem as a whole.
- The underlying Binance platform has been deployed on 30+ exchanges already. It supports all devices and multiple languages, offering a seamless user experience. Binace’s certified matching engine is capable of processing 1,400,000 orders per second, making Binance one of the fastest exchange in the market today.
- Take advantage of a fast, secure and simple exchange of multiple crypto currencies
- Security is our priority. We employ an agressive cold storage policy on all currencies in our system. We aim to support a large number of crypto currencies, and provide a stable market for smaller niche currencies. We will be providing some unique trading opportunities apart from currencies, more infomation coming soon. We believe good support is second only to security and endevour to answer your queries as quickly as possible.
- BitFinex offers three main functions – it is a bitcoin, litecoin and dashcoin to fiat exchange, a margin trading exchange and a liquidity provider. Although the company is said to be in Beta phase there are a number of features available that expand the financial positions you can take – for example the ability to short Bitcoin via margin trading.
- Bitstamp is run from the United Kingdom and is one of the most popular fiat to Bitcoin exchanges. Bitstamp only allows for one exchange pair of USD to Bitcoin but does use conversion of other fiat currencies via its Slovenian banking partner which will incur higher fees.
- Kraken is a top European based exchange and offers a variety of fiat to bitcoin pairs such as JPY, EUR, GBP and USD. Volume is decent especially on the JPY BTC pair after MT Gox’s collapse – with Kraken assuming the mantle in that region. The exchange also has a smattering if popular crypto to crypto pairs including litecoin and dogecoin.
- BTCe is a decent all round exchange focusing on its core base in Eastern Europe. Pairs include fiat to fiat, fiat to crypto, and crypto to crypto – although limited to the major volume currencies.
- EtherDelta is a decentralized Ethereum token exchange, brought to you by Etherboost. Here, users can trade any most Ethereum-based tokens such as Iconomi, Augur, 1ST, and others. The exchange currenly has only one fee, which is the 0.3% taker fee. Deposit, withdraw, and maker transactions are all free.
- Ensure trade safety by financing-level user data encryption, dynamic authentication, and multi-level risk identification & control. Instant deposit and fast withdrawal, deposit accomplished within 2 minutes. Founded by the tech expert from Ant Financial. With the rich experience in the high concurrency financial system, our engine enjoys unique memory matching and distributed accounting technologies, processing over 1 million orders per second. Multi-layer encrypted wallet enclosed in the bank custody; Funds managed by third party and reports issued by bank regularly.