OmiseGO (OMG) is a token-based digital currency backed by the Plasma decentralized exchange and a digital wallet provided by Omise.
The technology behind OmiseGO revolves around providing super-fast payments and linking e-wallets for different types of fiat and digital currencies.
It’s designed to facilitate payments for goods and services on the web to and to enable the cross-border transfer of assets. Backed up by the Ethereum Foundation, the project’s extremely successful ICO held in June sold out before it had even gone live to the public.
OMG has been one of the year’s best performers and currently trades at around $7.00 after launching with an ICO price of just $0.24. Most OMG observers have been waiting for a suitable entry point and now is as good a time as any. Prior to the downturn experienced by altcoins because of Bitcoin forks, OMG was generally trading at around $8.00. Since that time, the price has dropped to $6, but has recently bounced back above $7. However, OmiseGO is a popular project with both Western and Asian investors and the OMG token has recorded returns of over 2000% since its ICO as well as recording an all-time high price of over $12. Many feel that OMG provides great value at its current market cap of around $640M so look for significant positive price action in the months to come.
Kucoin is an up and coming exchange based in Hong Kong. Kucoin are ambitious outfit and in addition to incorporating an aggressive promotions campaign, the exchange also plans to provide early access to some of the most promising coins in Asia as well as allowing for the trade of more established coins.
The exchange also operates its own currency known as Kucoin Shares (KCS) and the KCS token operates as a standard ERC 20 token based on Ethereum blockchain. The value of the KCS token will increase in line with an increase in its number of holders and traders. This provides extra value as holding KCS allows the platform’s users to access benefits including a 30% trading fee discount as well as an award incentive bonus, which equals to 50% of the total trading fees charged by the platform, which is distributed back to users who hold KCS in their accounts.
The exchange has experienced around $4M of total trading activity with its KCS token attracting the majority of traders. The recent listing of coins such as the Red Pulse RPX token has helped increase the exchange’s user base. With further keenly anticipated tokens set to be listed, Kucoin is an exchange that will only grow in importance and we can expect the price of KCS tokens to match the rise of the exchange.
Binance Coin (BNB) is a token released by the Binance exchange, which came into life as a result of a recently held ICO.
Binance is run by an ambitious team and in a short space of time has become the 11th biggest exchange according to trade volume. Its BNB coin enables customers to enjoy reduced fees when trading cryptocurrencies that are paired against BNB and traders can receive discounts on exchanges, withdrawals and listing fees.
For its first year, there is a 50% discount rate on trading fees, dropping to 25% in the second year and halving again in each of the subsequent two years. In addition to offering discounts on fees, Binance also engages its community via polls, promotions, and special giveaways, which continue to attract new users.
As BNB is linked to the Binance exchange, its value increases with increased usage on the platform and Binance looks set to continue its rise up the ranking. BNB currently trades just under $1.6 and holds a market cap of around $160M, earlier this year it reaches its all-time high price of $2.92.
Komodo (KMD) is both a cryptocurrency and decentralized ICO platform that is designed for maximum security and privacy.
The Komodo platform is intended to provide smart contracts as well as blockchain-based solutions.
Komodo is linked to Bitcoin, and uses a consensus mechanism that is backed by the Bitcoin hashrate. Komodo also allows anonymous transactions via zk-SNARKS technology and KMD is a currency on the rise.
Komodo is a technology that has been attracting a lot of interest in the crypto community thanks to a number of unique and this looks set to increase with its hosting of the Monaize ICO in mid-November.
Komodo Platform is expanding into an entire ecosystem, starting with our strategic banking partner Monaize. On November 10th, we will perform the world’s first Decentralized ICO (“dICO”). Future entrepreneurs choosing to build on the Komodo platform will receive an entire blockchain package, capable of performing a decentralized crowdfund and acting as an independent blockchain.
The Monaize ICO will be the first to utilize cross chain atomic swaps and investors who donate KMD will automatically receive the MNZ token in return. Komodo has been one of the few altcoins to actually increase in value during the Bitcoin fork period and traded at just under $2.00 leading up to November. Since then KMD has continued to rise in price and currently trades above the $2 mark.
With its innovative use of technology and ability to host blockchain projects on its platform, Komodo is a cryptocurrency to watch for the rest of the year.
Substratum is an open-source network that allows anyone to allocate their spare computing resources in order to participate in a decentralized web.
The Substratum network is a worldwide collection of nodes that uses cryptography to provide secure internet access and content without the need for Tor or a VPN.
An open-source network that allows anyone to allocate their spare computing resources to make the internet a free and fair place for the entire world.
Substratum will revolutionize the hosting industry with per-request billing via microtransactions, all handled by blockchain technology and artificial intelligence.
SubstratumNode lets anyone become a web host on the decentralized internet. Unlike many technologies based on blockchain, SubstratumNode focuses on an intuitive user experience. Anyone can earn Substrate (SUB) by turning their computer into a host. All it takes is a web browser and a few clicks.
Substratum raised just over $13M during its recent ICO and has been one of the better performers over the last few months. SUB began trading at around $0.04 in September and despite experiencing a period of fluctuation has remained well above its ICO price. SUB has also made its way to exchanges such as Binance, COSS, and HitBTC and this has helped it to maintain its current price of above $0.10.
With a market cap of just under $29M this project has a lot of room to grow and the team have a number of releases lined up such as a node that pays out SUB tokens. After staying resistant to selling pressure during October, we can expect SUB to only increase in value during 2017.
Eidoo is an innovative mobile app to leverage the full potential of digital currencies in one easy to use environment.
eidoo HD Wallet
- Ethereum, Bitcoin and all the ERC20 tokens are stored with a single backup passphrase.
- No full node required thanks to light architecture.
- Private keys managed by the user and encrypted on the device.
- High Security Level thanks to Eidoo’s Recovery Tool.
eidoo Hybrid Exchange
- As safe as a decentralized exchange, as fast as a centralized one.
- The exchange manager does not have any access to the user accounts.
- The user enjoys a trading experience with some of the most competitive fees on the market.
- Cross-trading amongst ETH and different ERC20 assets with a technologically consistent atomic outcome.
eidoo Debit Card
The first step to exploit all the potential of the Eidoo fintech services is the KYC verification.
Know your customer (KYC) is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients to avoid anti-money laundering and illegal activities.
KYC processes are also employed by worldwide companies to ensure their proposed agents, consultants, or distributors are anti-bribery compliant. Financial institutions are increasingly demanding that customers provide detailed anti-corruption due diligence information.
After this process, if you follow the steps required to provide all the needed info, you will have the possibility to receive your new Eidoo-branded debit card to convert US dollar, Euro, CHF, and cryptocurrencies too; this all works within the same mobile (and later desktop) application.
After receiving all the needed authorizations, you will be able to leverage all the fiat currency-related services including the Eidoo Debit Card and a personal IBAN, so to use Eidoo as your bank.
This Eidoo Debit Card will be available in the second quarter of 2018, as you can read in our official roadmap here.
Eidoo aims at obtaining all the authorizations needed in Switzerland (FINMA) but also in the whole Europe and America to offer this service worldwide.
Eidoo also plans to open several branches in London and Singapore in the next few years, in addition to the one already existing in Chiasso, Switzerland.
More specific details about the Eidoo-branded debit card can be found on the Technology Whitepaper here.
eidoo ICO Engine
Eidoo will integrate an ICO Engine within the mobile wallet app.
This means that users will be able to participate and join an ICO by directly using their smartphone or tablet.
ICO Engine is an automatic system to participate in Initial Coin Offerings based on the Ethereum Blockchain, and it works through the creation of a smart contract previously authorized by the user.
This way, ICOs will be managed directly from the wallet.
Eidoo is a blockchain-to-human interface simplifying the interaction between the blockchain and its users.
The purpose of Eidoo is not only to accomplish things that others do not, but to do it in a different way, through a safer and simpler method, maintaining a special focus on the user experience and enabling the complexity of the crypto world to be more understandable.
We want to make only one application, extremely easy to use, and bring the crypto world to the end user; a bridge towards worlds that at this time, as a user experience, are not so close to one another.
The challenge of this project is also to give a common home to technologies whose communities (e.g. Bitcoin and Ethereum) have trouble cooperating due to different visions, creating a tool that manages different technologies through a unique user experience.
Eidoo is the integrator that brings together technologies and services that today already exist, additional ones only imaginable at this moment, and others that we cannot even conceive.
The same vision of an easy to use, secure wallet for blockchain-based smart assets, will embody:
- a fast, easy to use, disruptive, flexible, feature rich, turn-key Ethereum implementation, based on ERC20 standard and EVM contracts, with an embedded token system to fund the development.
- a secure, scalable, long-term oriented, privacy-compliant Bitcoin implementation, based on the new asset protocol RGB and off-chain trusted computing, with a traditional non-profit open source funding approach.
Facing an ever dynamic world, both in technology and application user-friendliness, no good solutions that exist can last forever. Through a methodological approach Eidoo will continue to improve both technology and user experience.
- Aug 2017
- Wallet (Ethereum)
- Sept 2017
- Technology White Paper
- Ethereum Funding Informative Prospect
- Eidoo Token sale
- End 2017
- Exchange 1/2
- Q1 2018
- Wallet (Bitcoin)
- DAPP module
- Q2 2018
- Eidoo Debit Card
- Q3 2018
- Exchange 2/2
- Eidoo National Identity Integration
- External Services
- Wallet (more blockchains)
What is COSS
COSS stands for Crypto-One-Stop-Solution and represents a platform, which encompasses all features of a digital economical system based on cryptocurrency. The COSS system consists of a payment gateway / POS, an exchange, a merchant list, market cap rankings, a marketplace, an e-wallet, various coin facilities and a mobile platform. The COSS platform unifies all transactional aspects that are usually managed by means of FIAT money, and offers multiple cryptocurrency-related services in one place. The list of potential features of the platform can be infinitely extended, and will continue growing as the platform evolves.
With COSS, usability issues, related to virtual currencies are resolved in an innovative way. The platform gathers the most popular cryptocurrency services and products into one portal allowing users to gain control over their finances, to manage transactions, to integrate merchants’ payments, to deposit funds and so much more.
COSS has an international team spread across the world with the managing board based in Singapore, and branches in New York and Bucharest (development team). Apart from having the core team members residing in the above-mentioned locations, we take a great advantage of being decentralized and inclusive at the same time by having team members spread across the world and contributing to COSS remotely.
The main goal of COSS is to bring cryptocurrencies to the masses. What COSS aims to cater to its users is a complete experience of accessing the available cryptocurrency services and products in the same place. From the very first moment a customer decides to use cryptocurrency he/she will be guided through the platform and its features. Protected from any unwanted negative experience, the user will continuously find the new possibilities to use the platform and to interact on it. By means of this integrative approach to virtual currency services, the platform aims to become the most preferred medium, familiarizing the COSS customers with the cryptocurrencies and the ways of using them. For this purpose, the COSS platform is equipped with its own token, a wallet, an exchange, a merchant platform, payment gateway / POS and a list of features that are closely related to the use of crypto.
The COSS team is visionary in the way it approaches the development of the Crypto-One-Stop-Solution. On the track to massive cryptocurrency adoption we do not allow the limiting belief systems to interfere with the development of the COSS platform. We accept the changes that the rapidly-evolving technologies bring, and welcome innovation on any and every level. We plan our success with determination and implement it into our strategy that implies the following steps:
- providing for all the cryptocurrency users’ needs via one-stop-solution services
- rewarding users for bringing new merchants and affiliates on board
- establishing a marketplace, where cryptocurrency users and merchants can meet each other seamlessly
- issuing tokens with real value
- expanding the network of customers by providing the high-quality services
- enhancing the security of the system
- adopting the disruptive innovations
COSS is a 100% self-funded project that did not rely on any external investments prior to and upon its launch. The new and very expansive curve of its development implies launching a token native to the platform that will provide investment opportunities to people who share the COSS vision and believe in the project’s potential. The name of the token is COSS.
The COSS token is a revenue-generating cryptocurrency, that enables owners to receive revenues in the form of transaction fees charged by the COSS system for cryptocurrency transactions.
The revenues are transferred to the COSS token holders’ wallets on a weekly basis. The interest is generated by the transaction fee when transactions in Bitcoin, Ether, and other cryptocurrencies supported by COSS are carried out on the exchange and/or through the POS/Payment Gateway.
The platform generates revenue from three sources:
- The cryptocurrency withdrawal fees generate the revenue for the platform, however most of the fees are used by the network to process the withdrawal.
- Throughout this process no direct revenue is generated, which means that no amount of the withdrawal fee is shared with the DAO token owners.
Exchange transaction fee:
- COSS utilizes the maker-taker transaction fee scheme, that generates a pure revenue for the platform. The fee is charged from both members of the traded pair.
- The fees begin with 0.2% of the taker and maker’s fee, and end at 0.04% derived from transactions;
- 50% of this revenue is shared with the DAO token owners.
- The merchant selling goods by means of the payment gateway or the POS creates the revenue for the platform.
- The COSS merchant platform operates on a 0.75% fee derived from each transaction;
- The fee is generated in the cryptocurrency that is used for that respective transaction. The fee is generated in both cryptocurrencies traded within a pair. In the case of a FIAT pair, only the fees paid in cryptocurrencies will be distributed to the token holders.
- 50% of this revenue is shared with the DAO token owners.
Blockchain Apps – End-user view
The main reason why cryptocurrencies keep gaining traction is because the use of FIAT currencies imposes limitations on users, such as inability to provide identity protection and the safety of the transaction process.
The problem of credit card payments is that it is an extremely cumbersome process that requires not only a customer and a merchant, but also banks, acquirers, payment processors and a group of organizations operating the network, to participate. This brings up a number of middlemen in discussion, and also increases the transaction costs.
Although the payment technologies are constantly evolving, and the concern about the peer-to-peer (P2P) payments is increasing, in this highly competitive environment, all the players are now working hard to maintain their position in the market, and to disrupt the status quo. This is done to eliminate the complicated and inefficient set of separate processes that are at the core of every payment system.
The payment ecosystem is limited to being a counterpart of a broader commercial landscape, in which fraud management and data privacy are carried out integrally within the IT security framework. This framework spans towards the Internet, mobile devices, social networks and cloud services. As a result, the payment-processing organizations have to manage the risks associated with the online payments in FIAT currency via a complex and slow mechanism. On top of that, many Fintech applications have vulnerabilities when it comes to fraud, theft and chargeback prevention, carrying out cross-border transactions, providing data security, multi-currency payments and on-the-go payments.
According to IBM Commerce ‘Pay It Forward’ e-book there are three major challenges that the payment processing sector faces at the moment:
Satisfying customers’ needs for payment options and localization; Meeting security, privacy requirements and regulations; Reducing complexity across the payment ecosystem.
What is ICONOMI?
How does ICONOMI work?
The ICONOMI Digital Assets Management Platform is where DAA managers and investors meet. DAA managers try out their winning digital assets management strategies and share them with the community. Investors choose between various DAAs and invest their digital assets into those they find most promising. Good performance builds the DAA manager’s reputation and attracts new investors, who get access to proven expertise and results in return.
Why become a DAA investor?
Investors can choose from a range of Digital Asset Arrays™, searching by performance, market cap, and other technical parameters.
- There are hundreds of digital assets that can form various combinations of digital assets arrays and present the perfect vehicle to achieve your goals.
- It can be difficult to purchase a variety of digital assets. With ICONOMI it takes only a few seconds to simultaneously acquire different arrays of digital assets.
- To make sure your digital assets are securely stored, avoid hassle by using ICONOMI. We take the utmost care of storage in multi-sig protected cold wallets.
ICONOMI is a group of talented teammates with a variety of expertise and knowledge. Constantly working in an atmosphere of consideration, experimentation, and creation, strong values and relations are even more important to us. Since progress is never neither swift nor easy, we support a sense of togetherness and diversity of perspectives.
- GET STARTED IN MINUTES
- ICONOMI offers the simplest way to start your DAA. Sign up, deposit digital assets and you are ready to go.
- 24/7 ACCESS AND LIQUIDITY
- Manage your digital assets 24/7. Fast withdrawals and no contract lock-ins. A growing list of supported value tokens with deep liquidity.
- CUTTING EDGE SECURITY
- Digital assets require extra layers of security. The majority of assets are permanently stored in multi-sig protected cold wallets, so you can enjoy the safety of physical bank vaults.
- 100% TRANSPARENCY
- All exchanges are executed on the markets. No small print or hidden costs.
- SIMPLE PURCHASE
- Purchase our cross section of digital assets in seconds.
- LOW ENTRY BARRIER
- Low fees and easy sign-up.
- LOWER RISK
- Diversify your portfolio and minimize risk.
“We believe in the philosophical mission established by Satoshi Nakamoto. By creating a secure layer that is accessible to the average person, we put the power in the hands of the people – where it belongs.”
What is Bitquence?
Bitquence is a people-powered cryptocurrency services company that is creating a Universal Wallet that lets you instantly diversify value across multiple crypto assets. Furthermore, Bitquence is issuing a token that has unique proof-of-stake community consensus features for risk and quality profiles and will form the backbone of the digital liquidity network, a global payments system that links fiat and crypto assets.
How will this help people get into cryptocurrencies?
Bitquence offers a single place for users to buy and interact with cryptocurrencies simply and easily. Bitquence simplifies using cryptocurrencies without losing the financial power and freedom that they offer. They are trying to make it as simple as possible.
What is proof of stake community consensus?
Bitquence is building a method of staking BQX tokens against risk and quality profiles helping newer users navigate the market. Furthermore, a portion of the fees from the Bitquence platform will be used to reward users making accurate predictions in community consensus.
How is Bitquence different from Iconomi and ShapeShift Prism?
Iconomi is a pioneer, and is focusing on helping institutional money manage digital asset arrays. Shapeshift’s new Prism service is trying to make a market in asset allocation, eg there needs to be an opposite prism for a buyer and seller to make a match.
The Bitquence team also has deep mobile expertise, and is working hard on making Bitquence is mobile friendly.
Our goal at Bitquence is low fees, liquidity and transparency. Our one-click diversification feature will not require a buyer or seller, but rather be part of a managed user portfolio. This is part of a larger vision to create a universal digital liquidity network based on the Bitquence token which makes the crypto market far more accessible to new users.
When will the platform be released?
Bitquence will roll out features of the platform as they are ready. First step is to roll out proof of stake and work towards building a regulatory and consumer protection model that will allow the release of subsequent features such as the universal wallet and one-click diversification.
Described as being a “multi-year project and vision” by its founders, Bitquence aims to go market by the end of 2017 with the Bitquence wallet, Cold storage, Proof of Stake and portfolio diversification. Next year plans are slated to initiate the liquidity network, value transfer and fiat gateway.
- Shingo Lavine
- Shingo is a young computer scientist and cryptocurrency visionary.
- Founder of Jobs University, an online business training school with 20,000 students.
- Cybersecurity contractor with security clearance at the Livermore National Labs.
- Studying computer science at Brown University.
- Stephen Corliss
- Stephen Corliss is a highly-experienced financial executive with a long track record in building, leading and scaling successful businesses across Europe, Asia & Americas. Mr. Corliss oversees Bitquence’s global corporate strategy and company expansion including development, communications and execution of all corporate strategic initiatives.
- Mr. Corliss joins Bitquence after a long and successful career at leading Wall Street firms including Blackrock, UBS, Merrill Lynch and State Street. During his time as COO at Blackrock, he designed, built and oversaw the firm’s global sell-side execution business, including establishing and operating nearly a dozen regulated broker dealers located across the U.S., Europe and Asia, to deliver seamless trade execution and product distribution of global Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual and Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s) worldwide. He also managed all related external regulatory relationships with the SEC, FINRA, Federal Reserve, FCA (U.K.), MAS (Singapore), SFC (Hong Kong), ASIC (Australia), and others.
- Stephen was instrumental in the company’s transformation of its sell-side activities from an analogue to a digital business involving revenues in excess of $225 Million and $350 billion in global trading volume annually.
- Tim Simmons
- Tim is a seasoned product and technology leader with decades of experience developing innovative products at companies such as Citrix, Zscaler, and Roper Technologies. He holds multiple patents in the area of information security and mobility, and is passionate about cryptocurrency investing and blockchain development.
- Dennis Chen
- Dennis is a seasoned big data architect and engineering team lead.
- Dennis has built over 100 consumer products that have generated over $1B in retail revenue.
- Dennis is an expert in mobile micropayments, and has authored 5 patents in field of mobile technology.
- He has led engineering teams Specular, MetalCreations and FunMobility.
- Maurice Herlihy
- Maurice has an A.B. in Mathematics from Harvard University and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from M.I.T.
- He has won numerous awards including the Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing, the Gödel Prize in theoretical computer science and a Fulbright Distinguished Chair.
- He has taught computer science at Carnegie Mellon University and Brown University.
- He is and expert in distributed computing, Ethereum smart contracts and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO).
- Lincoln Lydick
- He has won the IBM Leader Award for innovation working with Chiquita Bananas, and a Silver MMA Smarties award for his work on Universal’s “Minions” movie.
- Adam Lavine
- Adam has deep experience in multi-channel mobile services, building products that have reached over 60 million unique consumer interactions.
- Adam has extensive M&A experience, having sold Specular to a $700M public company and running their R&D operations, and acquiring the mobile media assets of Infospace, a $1B publicly traded company.
- Adam was Chairman of the MMA’s Mobile Standards Communitee, defining industry standards for the multi billion dollar mobile compliance segment.
- Ken Nowak
- Ken is a polished technology executive with extensive experience in logistics, finance, audit and operations.
- He is the CEO and former COO of FunMobility, and the former General Manager for Infospace’s $100M mobile division, and was instrumental in selling Infospace’s media assets.
- He has worked with global Fortune 100 clients in his role as an Executive for Arthur Andersson. Adam was Chairman of the MMA’s Mobile Standards Committee, defining industry standards for he multi billion dollar mobile compliance segment.
- Aiko Nomura
- Aiko is a legal and financial whiz who knows how to keep i’s dotted and t’s crossed in finance, legal and compliance.
- Aiko is a Japanese native with extensive international business development and corporate structure experience.
- Aiko is a member of the American Association of Individual Investors, and is experienced in administering investment services as part of her responsibility as a corporate HR and legal administration.
- Freya Stevens
- Freya is a marketing and public relations professional specializing in cryptocurrency, tokens and digital assets.
- She holds a master in Media and Communications and has worked extensively with the Bitcoin and Blockchain industry and community.
- She is the creator of the Bitcoin UK Podcast which gives a voice to the cryptocurrency industry in the United Kingdom and is active in co-organizing the Cambridge Bitcoin Meetup and the Cambridge University Cryptocurrency Society.
- She is the Marketing Director at TokenMarket, a Bitquence partner.
- White Paper
- Bitquence Captain’s Log